Wiki Credentialing Contract

werner03

Networker
Best answers
I have been hired to do some billing, but in the process of going thru the practice I have found lots of things that need to be corrected before I want to take there billing on as they are doing some things that are not right. So I need to do some auditing and credentialing for the practice so I am wondering does anyone have a contract just for doing their credentialing?

thank you for your help!!

Katie Werner, CPC, CPMA:)

I charge $125 an hour for auditing and making recommendations for the practice and $100 per credentialing application for insurance carriers. Some are more time consuming than other apps so it balances out. I also maintain the CAQH file.
There was a time when I did it for free for my doctors to make the billing easier for my staff - I liked knowing what was going on with each carrier so I could bill appropriately. But between
re-credentialing, credentialing and re-validation with Medicare.....you practically need another full timer to just do that! So time consuming. So now I charge. And the doctors who try to do it on their own to save money end up coming back and paying us to do the job. My price is based on the demographic area of New England. Maybe other areas charge more or less.

Credentaling

If a doctor is breaking out on his own do I need to start a new credentialing app for each ins. company or do I just add a location since he is still currently working and he is a provider for all the insurance companies?

Thanks for the help!

Caroline

As long as his numbers aren't changing and he is still working with the company you could make it with just using a provider change of address correspondence.