Wiki December 31st Deadline

mitzekelley

Networker
Best answers
I have to say that I really am surprised that we are not given more than 3 months to actually use the ICD-10 codes before we are forced to prove proficiency. When ICD-10 was supposed to become implemented in Oct. 2014I thought at that point we were going to be given until December 2015 to test....giving us a fair amount of time. We need time to actually use the codes in our daily work to be prepared to test out on them. We all worked super hard to achieve our credentials and to run the risk of losing them by being forced to prove proficiency in such a short period is dissapointing.

Just adding to my initial post....I just spoke with a peer that has her credentials through AHIMA. She is only required to have 12 ICD-10 specific CEUs by December 31st to maintain her credentials. With as many webinars as I have taken the time to do either through AAPC or Navicure, etc.. I would be close to that now.

Proficiency deadline

I couldn't agree with you more. I've had alot of education pertaining to ICD 10 and have obtained a number of ceu's with these. Having to sit again for a timed test and pay more money is not sitting with me very well. Not to mention I can not locate this information on the AAPC site. Other coders have stated they received a phone call but I have not.

I couldn't agree with you more. I've had alot of education pertaining to ICD 10 and have obtained a number of ceu's with these. Having to sit again for a timed test and pay more money is not sitting with me very well. Not to mention I can not locate this information on the AAPC site. Other coders have stated they received a phone call but I have not.

Me too we have watched so many webinars and have cross coded 9 to 10 it is not fair that we have to take a test when AHIMA does not. https://www.aapc.com/memberarea/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif