Wiki Decompression

jilly78

Networker
Best answers
I need help I have a Dr that did a decompression of the syndesmosis from scar tissue and adhesions and I am not sure how to code that they also did a decompression deep peroneal nerve. The op report states

Attention was directed over the syndesmosis where approximately a 3 to 3.5 inch linear incision was made from the syndesmosis distally along the lateral malleus. The incision was deepened via sharp and blunt dissection with all vital structures identified, retracted and ligated as necessary. There was no sign of any sharp tissue mass or organized mass as far as a distinct ganglion or lipoma type tissue. There were adhesions surrounding the syndesmosis with possibility of entrapment of the superficial peroneal nerve in this area. This was freed from surrounding tissure.

Any suggestions would be great!!!! Thanks and have a great day!!!

Jill

One of my doctors just did a surgery very similar as yours and we came to agreement of using CPT: 64704 Neuroplasty; nerve of hand or foot.

The header in CPT states neuroplasty is the decompression or freeing of intact nerve from scar tissue, including external neurolysis and/or transposition.

Last edited: