Wiki denials for DX 700

solocoder

Expert
Best answers
Lately we have been getting denials for office visits when the primary dx is 700 (corns and calluses). We have long known that we will not get paid for trimming corns and calluses so we just don't do it. But now they are not even covering an office visit? The doctor has to do an exam on a new patient to determine what the problem actually is, don't see why we can't bill for that. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks.

Last edited:
I have noticed that some insurances just simply don't cover DX 700. I know that alot of BCBS do not cover this DX at all. I would check with each ins. company on benefits of that DX code.

I have noticed that some insurances just simply don't cover DX 700. I know that alot of BCBS do not cover this DX at all. I would check with each ins. company on benefits of that DX code.

I was told by my coding manager that no carrier except Medicare will accept a 700 code. We don't code 700 on any bills that don't have Medicare as the primary payor.

I was told by my coding manager that no carrier except Medicare will accept a 700 code. We don't code 700 on any bills that don't have Medicare as the primary payor.

I am concerned when you say you do not code 700 on nonMedicare claims. If that is the patient's dx as documented in the physician's note then that is the code you have to use. The patient's dx cannot be different for different payers.