Wiki DermCoder software issue

Best answers
Hello! I code for a large dermatology practice and we use the DermCoder from Ellzey Coding Solutions software. Up until this past month, we have not had any issues with it and liked it. However, when the new CCI edits came out in July, it seems that DermCoder has been wrong on a lot of the code combinations calling for modifier 59. If we put the modifiers in as DermCoder directs, our claims reject at our clearinghouse, which is telling us to put the modifiers in a different way. Is anyone else having trouble with this? Also, is there any other dermatology coding software out there we can look into? Thank you in advance!

Hi, I also work for a dermatology group and just found out today the Dermcoder has been inaccurate since January. We are
looking for another software also. It has created a mess for us also.

Hi Debbie! I will keep you posted as to what, if any, response or resolution I get from DermCoder. Thank you for your response!

We have had the same issue. I don't know if you are all aware, but the owner (Karl Ellzey - Inga's son) passed away in early January. I believe his wife now running it, and she is probably struggling. I don't know what the future will bring - I hope she can get a handle on it or bring in someone who can, as that site has been a godsend to us, and I am not aware of anything else that's like it.