Wiki Diabetic coding - Can the dx code 250.70

bgardner0125

Best answers
Can the dx code 250.70 and the dx code 250.80 be coded together other or does the 250.80 basically cover both codes? I would appreciate any and all help. Thanks.

I would say you have to keep them separate.

.70 is for circulatory problems and .80 is for other specified. What is the other specified manifestation? It can't be the same as 250.70; otherwise, you would only need the one code in the first place

Last edited:
Hi,

Please clarify on diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA-250.1x),coding on fifth digit specificity. As we had an confusion of taking ''0'' or ''1''

Regards,
Priya CPC

it depends on what the provider documents is the patient's diabetes type, 0 is type II and 1 is type I, not stated as out of control. If the type is not documented then the guidelines specify the you default to the type 2.

diabetes

I have a provider that is telling me she has several patients who had type 2 diabetes and now converted to type 1. How do we represent this in the chart and how do I code this?:eek:

I have a provider that is telling me she has several patients who had type 2 diabetes and now converted to type 1. How do we represent this in the chart and how do I code this?:eek:

Diabetes cannot convert from type 2 to type 1! You can become type 2 insulin dependent . Why is the provider saying this?