Wiki Diagnosis code for Just the SCS psychological evaluation

ELarison

New
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
I have a psychologist who will do the psychological evaluation assessment for SCS. We code 90791 with (sometimes) the Chronic pain or the Chronic back pain, but Medicare will deny for those with the 90791. When there is nothing else psychologically wrong with the patient how would you code or bill for this? Would we just need to send in the documentation to Medicare? Thank you for any feed back on this area.

Z01.818. Doesn't mean insurance will pay for it. You'll want an ABN for this, frankly, for any insurance. I used to have to tell people all the time that their insurance can have pre-surgical requirements, but that doesn't mean they are obligated to PAY for those requirements.

Thank you so much that helps. I will make sure that we have an ABN and make sure that this information is getting to the patient. I will try the Z01.818, but like you said usually those get denied.

I have a psychologist who will do the psychological evaluation assessment for SCS. We code 90791 with (sometimes) the Chronic pain or the Chronic back pain, but Medicare will deny for those with the 90791. When there is nothing else psychologically wrong with the patient how would you code or bill for this? Would we just need to send in the documentation to Medicare? Thank you for any feed back on this area.
Hi, are you still coding for pre surgical psych visits? Wondering if your using 96156 and if so, what dx codes do payers, more specifially Medicare pay on?