Wiki Diagnosis D48.5

KoBee

Expert
Best answers
Hello everyone -

With new definitions given for new office e/m coding guidelines, i find myself having trouble to distinguish certain dermatology diagnoses if they fall under " undiagnosed new problem with uncertain prognosis" for problems addressed, especially after a biopsy is done.

Is any one else having this issue or have any good resources to take a look at.

D45.8 Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of skin

I would classify the complexity as "acute uncomplicated illness" -- a recent or new short-term problem with low risk of morbidity for which a treatment is considered. There is little to no risk of mortality with treatment, and full recovery without functional deterioration is expected.

I would classify the complexity as "acute uncomplicated illness" -- a recent or new short-term problem with low risk of morbidity for which a treatment is considered. There is little to no risk of mortality with treatment, and full recovery without functional deterioration is expected.
thank you !

Can I ask how this would be acute uncomplicated? At my facility the providers code this when they send a lesion out for pathology, so I thought that it would be considered new problem with uncertain prognosis because it could be either malignant or benign.