• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We’re introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

Dialysis Billing - I am relatively new to Dialysis

lethr77

New
Best answers
I am relatively new to Dialysis billing and have a question. When billing the monthly dialysis 90960-90962 would you not want the date to span from the initial DOS for the month to the last DOS for the month? I am being trained that only the LAST DOS will be listed on the claim regardless of the CPT used and that doesn't seem logical to me.

Thanks for any clarification!

:)

rhh03

Networker
Best answers
You would bill for the entire month if the patient started on the 1st ex 1/1/2015 - 1/31/2015. If the patient started on a different date then you would bill from the first day of dialysis to the end of the month ex 1/5/2015 - 1/31/2015. It would also be the same thing if the patient did not complete the month at your center ex 1/1/15 - 1/25/2015. Patient could have transferred to a different physician, regained kidney function or expired.

I hope that helps.

Renetta Houston-Hollingsworth, CPC