Wiki DIGITAL BLOCK IN OFFICE

RebeccaMoney

Expert
Best answers
Two visits - My doctor did a digital block to remove sutures from an open finger fracture. Is it proper to bill 64450 for that sutures removal with digital block? We did not due the original repair which was done in the ER. I see 15850 but that is for suture removal w/anesthesia other than a local. Also at the previous office visit he did a digital block to remove dressings and evaluate the wound. Can I bill the office visit plus digital block for that visit? Thank you,

I would treat this like any injection. If there is a separate E&M service, I would append modifier 25 and charge the 64450 + injectable medication if it's billable. Suture removal would be included in the E&M service. HCPCS code S0630, removal of sutures by a physician other than the physician who originally closed the wound, is not payable by Medicare.

I would treat this like any injection. If there is a separate E&M service, I would append modifier 25 and charge the 64450 + injectable medication if it's billable. Suture removal would be included in the E&M service. HCPCS code S0630, removal of sutures by a physician other than the physician who originally closed the wound, is not payable by Medicare.
So, for the suture removal, I can only bill S0630 and not include 64450. My patient does not have Medicare. Am I understanding you correctly? Thanks so much for your help.