Wiki DME for LVAD

SarahSee1114

Networker
Best answers
Good morning, is anyone familiar with the supplies for LVAD? I'm reviewing claims and Q0508 is being billed daily as a HeartMate per diem charge. But upon inspection of documentation, their supplies have specific HCPCS codes such as Power Module Q0479, etc. I've reviewed the HeartMate website and reimbursement and coding guidance, but there is no indication of if this is to be a daily per diem charge for the entirety of supplies and accessories. Any help or guidance is much appreciated! Thanks,

What in the world is provider trying to bill for as a per diem with Q0508 because the Abbott Labs HCPCS guide for HeartMate II & HeartMate III LVAD accessories shows that believe Q0508 is to be coded for a per diem service. Their HCPCS table shows the following accessories should be billed with Q0508.
1709662979867.png

Something doesn't seem right if a provider is trying to bill some type of per diem charge for the HeartMate LVAD daily supplies. I cannot find anything on the Abbott website on the page regarding Heat Failure treatments regarding patients needing daily supplies for use with this device.

Who is billing this charge and what are they describing as being included in per diem supplies billed with Q0508?