Wiki document guidelines for insertion of pacemaker

mdm58

Networker
Best answers
We have a new EP Dr and in his dictation he does not list the indications for the procedure/ no DX listed for Pacemakers or Defibrillators. I emailed him an requested the addition of indications for the procedure. His response "I have been doing this for 19 years and I have always done it this way" I have tried and tried to find something in print that indicating he needs to indicate reason for the procedure.
I would think this would actually, be obvious why the indications should be listed on the report. But that's just me.

Can any one help me?

We have a new EP Dr and in his dictation he does not list the indications for the procedure/ no DX listed for Pacemakers or Defibrillators. I emailed him an requested the addition of indications for the procedure. His response "I have been doing this for 19 years and I have always done it this way" I have tried and tried to find something in print that indicating he needs to indicate reason for the procedure.
I would think this would actually, be obvious why the indications should be listed on the report. But that's just me.

Can any one help me?
So is it a pacemaker check? Or an initial insertion procedure?