Wiki Documentation for 77332-77334

JParker5

Networker
Best answers
Hi. I'm new to coding these sets of codes and I did some research but I wasn't able to find what documentation requirements are needed. I was given some notes that include imaging and planning but I wasn't able to pull from the document whether it was simple, intermediate or complex. Is it based on the planning or must the document state what type of device was used (simple block, multiple block, irregular blocks, stents, wedges, etc).

Any information & resources would be so helpful. Thank you in advance.

It would depend on if you are talking about billing these devices with the simulation or if this was some sort of 2D or 3D planning where you are billing that same code 77334 but in a different way of utilizing it.
for sim's it's a bit tricky, since there is a lot of different devices out there where the reps all claim you can bill for them at a certain level.
for planning, if it's a 3D plan you are going to be billing the 77334 with today's machines.
as far as finding something in writing, while the CPT book doesn't give the best layman answer, you might have to talk with one the therapists or dosimetrists to get a quick run down on the different one. But usually you can tell from the plan itself