Wiki Does BCBS follow NCCI?

kellz0913

Networker
Best answers
Does anyone know who BCBS follows? do they follow NCCI Edits...? AAOS....? McKesson...? I've been getting a ton of denial letters & the majority say they follow NCCI but some mention something about McKesson....

Per my last conversation with a Michigan claim rep, they aren't quite sure either :LOL:. I use the McKesson Clear Claim Connection as that is what is attached to their provider portal but I also review NCCI when submitting claims and appeals.

Per my last conversation with a Michigan claim rep, they aren't quite sure either :LOL:. I use the McKesson Clear Claim Connection as that is what is attached to their provider portal but I also review NCCI when submitting claims and appeals.
Thanks so much! How would I be able to find the McKesson Clear Claim Connection?

Do you have access to the portal? On the login page on my state's BCBS, there is a link to Clear Claim Connection that brings you over to the McKesson web portal. This would be for Michigan claims. I think for Illinois it's under the Education and Reference center tab?

Most BCBS follow Medicare guidelines therefore following NCCI edits. I code mostly with NCCI edits/AAOS when it comes to BCBS

Not IL or MI here but BCBS in Minnesota may follow the edits but they do NOT follow the NCCI Correct Coding Policy Manual. We are part of a group of providers trying to figure out why and also trying to figure out how they can dismiss it and still be allowed to adjudicate Medicare and Medicaid claims.

Do you have access to the portal? On the login page on my state's BCBS, there is a link to Clear Claim Connection that brings you over to the McKesson web portal. This would be for Michigan claims. I think for Illinois it's under the Education and Reference center tab?
Thanks so much for all your help.

Not IL or MI here but BCBS in Minnesota may follow the edits but they do NOT follow the NCCI Correct Coding Policy Manual. We are part of a group of providers trying to figure out why and also trying to figure out how they can dismiss it and still be allowed to adjudicate Medicare and Medicaid claims.
That's what we're trying to figure out too. They send denial letters based off of NCCI edits but then when you show them your within the NCCI edits they still deny payment.