Wiki Drug induced sleep endoscopy

AN2114

Guru
Best answers
When an ENT doctor does a flexible fiberoptic laryngoscopy/drug induced sleep endoscopy, does modifier 22 get applied to code 31575 for the drug induced sleep endoscopy or do you just bill the 31575? I've heard some say to apply the modifier and some say don't use the modifier so I want to make sure I'm coding it correctly.

A patient with Vaginal cancer status post chemotherapy and surgery in 2018 , now has a lesion in urethra that the biopsy showed the same histology that her vaginal cancer . The Oncology note reported Cancer Vaginal . Which is the correct code in this situation?

When an ENT doctor does a flexible fiberoptic laryngoscopy/drug induced sleep endoscopy, does modifier 22 get applied to code 31575 for the drug induced sleep endoscopy or do you just bill the 31575? I've heard some say to apply the modifier and some say don't use the modifier so I want to make sure I'm coding it correctly.

Are you talking about Moderate (conscious) sedation? Look at codes G0500 & 99151-99157. Anesthesia by surgeon outside of conscious sedation is inclusive.