Wiki Drugs administered in office

KJOHNSTON

New
Best answers
Hello all,

My physicians are adding to the drugs we administer in the office:

Methotrexate 25mg/ml, (J9250?)

Betamethasone sodium phosphate and betamethasone acetate 30mg/5ml (J0702?)

Ceftriaxone 250mg/vial (J0696)?

Does anyone know if insurance pays for these and do they usually require a prior authorization?

Thank you so much!!
Kathy

A blanket yes or no does not apply here. In regards to the Methotrexate, insurance should pay if you meet medical necessity and have an authorization in place, when one is needed. You need to check with your individual payers regarding coverage and precertification requirements as it will vary from payer to payer.

Hello all,

My physicians are adding to the drugs we administer in the office:

1. Methotrexate 25mg/ml, (J9250?)

• I attached a website that ha some good info. hopefully that help.
2. Betamethasone sodium phosphate and betamethasone acetate 30mg/5ml (J0702?)
3. Ceftriaxone 250mg/vial (J0696)?
J0696.png CRSWLK.png

Does anyone know if insurance pays for these and do they usually require a prior authorization?

I believe this was answered above - you have to check with each insurer to see what they will cover in which situation. It's up to you to do the searching through you're employers agreement with the insurance company.

I believe this was answered above - you have to check with each insurer to see what they will cover in which situation. It's up to you to do the searching through you're employers agreement with the insurance com

3. Ceftriaxone 250mg/vial (J0696)?
View attachment 4939 View attachment 4940

Thank you!