Wiki Dsm-v

laura vangroningen

Networker
Best answers
Does anyone know when the DSM-V codes will be released? exactly? I have only been able to narrow it down to May 2013. Another question; will there be a new numbering/coding system accompanying these changes? does anyone know? or do we just have to wait and see?

I'm not as familiar with the Behavioral Health changes and how theyve been implemented in the past (outside of CPT and ICD-9). Any feedback is appreciated :)

Thanks,

Laura

DSM-V Information

Hi Laura,

The new DSM-V book will be released in May 2013 and I have seen some sample pages. The diagnoses codes in the DSM-V will be very similar if not identical to the ICD-10 codes which are being implemented on October 1, 2014.

The DSM-V codes will be implemented when the ICD-10 codes go into effect. The DMH wants to get the book out in circulation so Behavioral Health staff can become familiar with the new diagnostic codes.

I hope this informations helps!

Cindy Cox, CPC, CPMA, AAPC NAB 2011-2013
Medical Coder/Auditor Behavioral Health Services
County of Orange
A/C - HCA Accounting
Medical Billing Unit
Park Towers, Building 51F
200 W. Santa Ana Blvd., Suite 800
Santa Ana, CA 92701
Phone - (714) 313-7382
Email - Ccox@ochca.com

Hi Cindy,

Can you tell me more about the DMS V implementation? Per your info, it looks like the implementation of DSM V won't be until ICD-10, but I am confused as all I see is the May 2013 release date.

When I went on the DSM V website, I didn't see anything about the implementation date of DSMV with ICD-10. Any additional information is appreciated.

Thanks!
Theresa