• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We’re introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

Dx for SMOLDERING/ASYMPTOMATIC MULTIPLE MYELOMA

Tonyj

True Blue
Best answers
Can anyone guide me to a code for Smoldering multiple myeloma (SMM)? I was looking toward 273.8 being that it is a form of plasma cell dyscrasia. Or, 203.00 multiple myeloma.

cpc2013

Contributor
Best answers
it is my understanding that smoldering MM can sometimes be MGUS (monogammopathy of unknown significance 273.1 before it becomes MM 203.00) However this depends on kappa light chain/electrophoresis and other lab work. The only other code I know is then 203.00.

Tonyj

True Blue
Best answers
it is my understanding that smoldering MM can sometimes be MGUS (monogammopathy of unknown significance 273.1 before it becomes MM 203.00) However this depends on kappa light chain/electrophoresis and other lab work. The only other code I know is then 203.00.
Thanks for responding.