Wiki E/M exam component: attention and concentration

I have never found a definitive answer to this question. My reading of literature on the mental status exam has not yielded any conclusion on this matter. Most of what I have found discusses formal testing of attention and concentration with serial 7 tests and the like, see below. Other examples I have seen for documentation guidelines published by various entities are along the lines of one word such as impaired.

"Attention refers to the ability to sustain interest in a stimulus, whereas concentration involves the ability to maintain mental effort. Counting backward by 7s (serial 7s) requires that the patient retain interest in the task, recall the last number, subtract 7, and then continue to the next number. The task also requires competence at math. Spelling world backward is a similarly good screening test of attention and concentration, but only for people who are fairly good spellers. For other patients, it is preferable to use a test that is less dependent on education, such as reciting the months backward." from https://psychiatryonline.org/doi/10.1176/appi.books.9781585625031.rh01

So, is "good eye contact" sufficient documentation of the ability to sustain interest in a stimulus? We may need a clinician to weigh in on this.