Wiki E&m Exam

tlwright70

Networker
Best answers
Can anyone explain how to decide the difference for the exam between a limited 2-7 EPF and extended 2-7 Detailed on 95 guidelines? Any help would be appreciated!

In our compliance we use 2-4 for EPF, and 5-7 for Detailed. This is explained to all of our providers when they do their compliance training. You should check your MAC for anything instruction they might have on how they view it. I know Novitas also does the 4x4 method for Detailed, wanting 4 systems with 4 elements of each. Hope this helps.

Can anyone explain how to decide the difference for the exam between a limited 2-7 EPF and extended 2-7 Detailed on 95 guidelines? Any help would be appreciated!
I agree with Melbad, checking your local mac.
I've seen other audit tools stating "( EPF 2-7; Limited exam of affected BA or OS and other symptomatic or related OS(s)" and "(Detailed 2-7; (Extended exam of affected BA(s) and other or related OS(s)"
It wasn't until NGS changed their verbiage from 2-7 to 2-5 EPF and 6-7 EPF did we know for sure how to audit the exam.
Best

I'm not exactly sure from your question, but I think If you are asking about how the exam is calculated on the E&M specialty test, here is how AAPC distinguishes them per the E&M study guide.
EPF is an exam of 2-7 organ system with brief documentation. Examples...Lungs - Clear to auscultation, Cardiac - Regular S1, S1, Skin - No lesions or rashes.
Detailed is an exam of 2-7 organ systems with detailed documentation. Examples...Lungs - Clear to auscultation bilaterally, no rales, ronchi or wheezing, Cardiac - Regular rate and rhythm, no murmur, rub or gallop, PMI not displaced.
I agree that in the "real world' you would follow the guidelines of your local MAC, but for testing purposes this is how AAPC grades the exam. I passed the E&M exam using the system above.

Hope this helps:)

How did you do on your exam? Any tips for me? I'm about to schedule mine. I still pretty slow so I do not feel confident at all

Hello, I have a question pertaining to amount or complexity of data reviewed under the MDM section. Does a provider need to document what was discussed when they note in the chart "discussed case with another healthcare provider: nurse and physician"?

I'm not exactly sure from your question, but I think If you are asking about how the exam is calculated on the E&M specialty test, here is how AAPC distinguishes them per the E&M study guide.
EPF is an exam of 2-7 organ system with brief documentation. Examples...Lungs - Clear to auscultation, Cardiac - Regular S1, S1, Skin - No lesions or rashes.
Detailed is an exam of 2-7 organ systems with detailed documentation. Examples...Lungs - Clear to auscultation bilaterally, no rales, ronchi or wheezing, Cardiac - Regular rate and rhythm, no murmur, rub or gallop, PMI not displaced.
I agree that in the "real world' you would follow the guidelines of your local MAC, but for testing purposes this is how AAPC grades the exam. I passed the E&M exam using the system above.

Hope this helps:)

This is what AAPC CEMC course teaches.