• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

e/m visit level or x-ray only

tonirjeffries

Contributor
Best answers
My office had a patient who failed conservative treatment & came in for a surgery conference. The MA took the history and x-rays were taken. However, the patient never saw the doctor(why? I'm still working on that). Our physician is trying to charge a consult, but I'm thinking the x-ray should only be charged. Thanks for any assistance.

TRJ.

kevbshields

Best answers
Based on my conservative lean in the situation it would be Radiology charge(s) only--just so long as the doc read them and rendered some report. (Otherwise you only get your Rad with a TC mod).

Hope this makes sense.