Wiki E0770 KX & medicare 2RY

Best answers
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to help someone get this paid: 2 qty E0770 KX (pt rec in each leg)
primary has paid. Medicare is 2RY.

1st billed as: 2 E0770 KX LT RT
2nd billed: 2 E0770 KX

Each has denied 'invalid procedure code and/or modifier'
Can anyone help?

Thanks so much,
Tia

I am not sure I am understanding how this was billed
did you enter as you have stated? If so that is the problem
it should be entered as 2 E0770 KX LT RT this would be need to be just the E0770 KX You cannot use LT and RT on the same line so if you are billing for a total of 2 then for a DME you can enter 2 units under units and that should work. or you can use 2 line items but I have my doubts on using the RT and LT modifier I would probably go with a 59 and I have my doubts on that, I really feel just one line with 2 units is the best.
I am confused over you have a second listing then. Maybe I am missing something or misunderstanding, can you clarify?

Hi Debra,

It's been submitted 2 different times. I listed the the 2 times as 1st billed and 2nd billed. T She tried 1 line w/ 2 units " 2 E0770 KX" and still received 'invalid procedure code and/or modifier' denial. I really appreciate the help. I'll pass on your suggestion.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi Debra,

It's been submitted 2 different times. I listed the the 2 times as 1st billed and 2nd billed. T She tried 1 line w/ 2 units " 2 E0770 KX" and still received 'invalid procedure code and/or modifier' denial. I really appreciate the help. I'll pass on your suggestion.
Thanks.

Possibly needs the "NU" modifier if the unit is new? We had a lot of trouble with DME claims to Medicare before we started using it, or the rental modifier, whichever applies to your office...just a suggestion... :)