Wiki Echo - date of interpretation

yp

Networker
Best answers
When billing an echo done at a hospital, dose anyone know whether we should use the date of service or the date of interpretation?

Thank you

If you're billing the actual procedure from the facility, you bill the date the echo was performed.

If you are billing the professional interpretation, you will be billing the date that the provider interpreted the echo. We encourage our providers to try to read and sign off on the same day, but often it's a day or two later.

If you're billing the actual procedure from the facility, you bill the date the echo was performed.

If you are billing the professional interpretation, you will be billing the date that the provider interpreted the echo. We encourage our providers to try to read and sign off on the same day, but often it's a day or two later.

Pam,
Is there a transmittal with these instructions to bill the date the test was interpreted? I know this has gone back and forth but I thought the final instruction was to bill dos? If this was changed I better know. Thanks