Wiki EEG Billing and Coding

purnern19

Contributor
Best answers
I work for a private Neurology practice and just became a certified biller. We offer Amb EEG to many patients with the following codes 95700, 95708, and 95721. We are not getting reimbursed for these or getting reimbursed very little. Does anyone know the best way to code the set up, the procedure (24-48hrs), and the take down?

my MAC does not pay for EEG's with POS 22 without a modifier. I have to bill 95XXX -26 95XXX-TC because we own the equipment. I have to bill both modifiers with 2 lines for each code. Hope this helps.

my MAC does not pay for EEG's with POS 22 without a modifier. I have to bill 95XXX -26 95XXX-TC because we own the equipment. I have to bill both modifiers with 2 lines for each code. Hope this helps.
Thank you for the response, we have been billing with POS 11, is this incorrect? Also, we own our EEG equipment as well, so we should be using modifier TC? Can you give me an example of how you bill 2 lines for each code?? Thank you in advance!

are you an ASC? you should bill pos 24. My MAC is CGS and the rep told me to bill 95908-26,95908-TC for POS 22. We have an on campus OP facility. I am not sure about POS 11. You should contact your MAC Rep to confirm.

I work for a private Neurology practice and just became a certified biller. We offer Amb EEG to many patients with the following codes 95700, 95708, and 95721. We are not getting reimbursed for these or getting reimbursed very little. Does anyone know the best way to code the set up, the procedure (24-48hrs), and the take down?
We are a neurology clinic and bill these as well with POS 11 and don’t have any issues. You can only bill 95700 once per EEG. I bill this on day 1.