Wiki EGD/Colonoscopy in the office

southbaymed

Best answers
:)I really need help. Our gastro office ll start colonoscopy in the office. I thought only change is 22 to 11. However,
there should be surgical supply (which are so expensive)also per Dr. we can charge facility charge base on negotiation with each carrier. (per him, not only gastro, but many urologists who do sugery in their office also receive facility charge) I am going to take this issue to
Hawaii conferece. In the meantime, sincerely appreciate any suggestion.:confused:

EGD/Colonoscopy

When doing this procedural service in the office it is only a office charge/ if the Dr. is renting is office space from a Hospital a facitly charge can be added. But only a office in a Hospital setting

:confused: Thank you for your reply. Just to clear that Dr. renting office space from hospital building, who use hospitaly facility to do the colonoscopy can charge the facility charge because he needs to pay to the hospital???
These urologist group who received the facility charges by negotiating with carrier are not in the hospital buidling.
They are like us in the medical building space and still be able to charge facility charges.??
Appreciate more comments.
Thank you