• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

EKG/Surgery with office visit

joglesbee

Guest
Messages
53
We had a patient come in with several different issues. I have filed the claim various ways with no pay on the EKG.

The claim looks like this:
99213 25
17110 59
93010
93005

The rejection reads, Submission/billing error - Separately billed tests have been bundled as they are considered components of the same procedure. Payment not allowed.

If someone could help me with this coding that would be appreciated.
 
I had tried it initially without the 59 and the EKG was not paid then either, I will try the global code to see if that gets it paid. The dx used was 42789 along with several others, but that is the one the EKG is based off of.
 
That is crazy, I would have never looked at that one I fail to see how it could be bundled with anything in that scenario but then they rarely ask my opinion when bundleing codes!
 
Top