Wiki EMR ratings

penguins11

Best answers
Hi, does anyone know if there is a free website or resource where we could find ratings on different EMR's, we are looking at MedDent, Cintricity and Chartlogics.

Thank you!

The CCHIT "certifies" EMR software, but they don't guarantee accuracy, interoperability with your PM system, etc. Basically, the CCHIT certifies that the EMR meets criteria for a legal medical record. http://www.cchit.org/

I don't know of any specific consumer reports that you could reference, but I've found that the best resources are the people that are already using the software. You almost have to do your own comparision, since practice logistics vary widely. There are many articles out there about what to look for (and what to watch out for) when selecting an EMR. Sometimes the most user-friendly ones (that cut and paste and carry forward information) are the ones that pose the greatest risk. Overall, what works for us might not work for you.

Most EMRs will allow you a demonstration package, where you can use the software and see if it meets your needs. I wouldn't consider any EMR unless you have the ability to play around in it first.