Wiki EPIC software users... POS versus Dept for highest reimbursment??

Wolfebug

New
Best answers
We are trying to figure out if we are getting the highest reimbursement possible from our docs reads(dictation). Our Doc will read a procedure while he is at our home facility but the procedure itself took place at our sister facility under the supervision of another doc. (that doc would get the TC) We normally put the Dept and the POS as the sister facility even though the reading of the procedure happened at our home facility. I hope this makes sense to someone... my question is... does anyone know which facility would get the reimbursement? The home facility where the reading took place or the sister facility where the procedure was performed. (I do add a 26 mod to my docs read). Or does it even matter at all in EPIC? I have the service provider and billing provider as the doctor that read the procedure. Any information would be appreciated.

The POS is where the patient is/was. The billing EIN# gets the reimbursement. If you are tracking procedures or paying providers by RVUs, it depends on how your facility has it set up. EPIC can report productivity either based on the service provider or billing provider. You can tweak your reports to show which provider you want to see. I don't know if this helps you or not!
CCollison CPPM, CCC

The POS is where the patient is/was. The billing EIN# gets the reimbursement. If you are tracking procedures or paying providers by RVUs, it depends on how your facility has it set up. EPIC can report productivity either based on the service provider or billing provider. You can tweak your reports to show which provider you want to see. I don't know if this helps you or not!
CCollison CPPM, CCC
It does clarify a few things and yes we pay providers by RVU's. I will look into those reports and compare to what we have billed. Thank you very much for your response:)