Wiki Evidence of

Best answers
Hello,
I read in previous forums that people have asked about the phrase "evidence of". I also saw that they were referred to the coding clinics, but they are no longer available. Does anybody have further guidance about using codes from "evidence of"?

Thank you for any help you can give.

To get access to AHA's coding clinics, you must subscribe.
For physician and non-inpatient facility, you do not code uncertain diagnoses. Phrases such as likely, probable, consistent with, rule out,
questionable, possible, suspected, compatible with all convey uncertainty. "Evidence of" is NOT an uncertain term and the diagnosis may be coded.
I like to provide official references, but you can only access the official Coding Clinic if you subscribe. However, here are less official references to the Coding Clinic guidance.

To get access to AHA's coding clinics, you must subscribe.
For physician and non-inpatient facility, you do not code uncertain diagnoses. Phrases such as likely, probable, consistent with, rule out,
questionable, possible, suspected, compatible with all convey uncertainty. "Evidence of" is NOT an uncertain term and the diagnosis may be coded.
I like to provide official references, but you can only access the official Coding Clinic if you subscribe. However, here are less official references to the Coding Clinic guidance.
this is what I have been looking for! my providers love "likely" and "consistent with". Thank you!