Wiki G2066 new code for 2020

Kipro

Contributor
Best answers
Hi,
I need help with CPT G0266 code. I was just told that this code will replace 93299 in 2020. On Medicare web site I cannot find what will be fee schedule and also G0266 cannot be found at all. Is anyone familiar with CPT 93299 and changes for this code.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Hi, so I can tell you that CPT 2020 says that 93299 has been deleted and "To report, see 93297,93298." Basically, the practice expense inputs that were normally associated with the "technical" code 93299 have been inserted into the (formally) "professional" codes of 93297 and 93298; the rationale is that 93299 was misvalued given the variability of clinical staff work needed.

AMA had deleted the code expecting CMS to put the costs into the PF portion as AePe12 said above. But CMS declined and created G2066 instead. As of today our Medicare contractor (Novitas) can't tell us what the price will be. So we have a replacement code with no fee right now.

AMA had deleted the code expecting CMS to put the costs into the PF portion as AePe12 said above. But CMS declined and created G2066 instead. As of today our Medicare contractor (Novitas) can't tell us what the price will be. So we have a replacement code with no fee right now.
Thank you, in case you receive info please poste here.

Any news on pricing?
There still is currently no price on the Medicare fee schedule for new 2020 CPT code G2066. PR INTER DEVICE REMOTE 30D.
We called today and Per Medicare Rep Jessica, we can hold the charges and check back in February when the fee schedule is expected to be updated.
Or bill the rate of the CPT code 93299 that it replaced which was $963.87.

Not sure if this helps much. We are currently in discussions in our practice on what should be our next move, either hold the claims until February or price them with the old code price meanwhile as per Medicares advice.

We are in Michigan and are receiving denials from BCN stating this is an invalid code, is anyone else having this issue? If we appeal it are they then paying it? We are getting paid for the 93928, however the allowed amount for that CPT doesn't cover half off what the 93929 did? Any suggestions? Is there a different code that BCN requires for this?