Wiki G31.84

kerenorozco

Contributor
Best answers
Hi I am new to HCC coding. My Dr. reports G31.84 on most pt's with followed by neurology as the assessment. Now while looking this code on the book this is the only one that has exclude1 for Dementia- what other links can I query the provider to associate with this DX>
It is just confusing to me and I don't know how to explain it to him
Thank you

Hi Kerenorozco
Yes checking dx G31.84 Mild Cognitive Impairment of Unknown Etiology it states in the ICD10 manual. It states to add additional dx code or REASON why this is happening. Provider can document these disease if apply .....Alcohol abuse F10, HTN dx I10 or Smoking F17 or Z72. You can show the provider in the ICD10 manual

However the provider can document other dx codes define same thing with the following dx codes....Elderly senile R41 , Dx F06.7 Dementia due to psychlogical reason . If pt had past CVA stroke sequela effect use dx I60-I69. Dx head injury S06 or Dementia dx F01-F03. or Degeneration of brain G31. These are better and more detailed than dx G31.84. If use the dx F01-F03, S06, I60-I69 it is violating Excludes 1 rule cannot bill same time.

Is the pt bedbound or disabled with mobility or use renal dialysis or using wheelchair? See dx Z74 and Z99 blocks- can add if in provider's
documentation .Also if disabled is it due to possible Cancer or Cardiac or Respiratory conditions ? Id add those chronic conditions if supported
Well hope this data helps you.
Lady T