Wiki G8447 & g8448

chavera

Best answers
Hello,

I just found out that G8447 & G8448 were deleted on 01/01/13, so I wanted to see if anyone knows if there are new HCPCS codes that replaced them?

Thanks

G8447

I also realized as of 1/2/13 G8447 was discontinued. I did see this on the CMS website 100-04 Transmittal 2616, but I am unable to find a replacement also. Let me know if you see anything different to replace this Code.

Thanks,

Cannot find replacement

I looked through all the new HCPC's codes and was not able to find a replacement and have not been able to find a replacement. I have checked with several other sources and cannot find a replacement. I am about to submit without any code.....

G8447 continued

I finally was able to speak to someone at CMS today. I was told that G8447 and G8448 have been retired and there are no replacement codes. There is no longer a measure referring to the use of an EHR system. She said that we should select a new measure to report for 2013. I trust that this information is reliable as our EMR system also told me there were no replacement codes...

I am a little late with this but still have a provider that wants to use the G8447 code. When referring to a new measure to report for 2013 - how and what is this?:)