Wiki Gastric balloon placement

Best answers
Does anyone have any details on the "orbera" (intragastric balloon) placement procedure? I am needing help on finding the correct cpt code for this procedure. This is a brand new surgery to our facility.

I was just researching this myself. I'm almost positive it will have to get submitted as an Unlisted Stomach, 43999 but if anyone has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear.

It doesn't have a code assigned yet so unlisted would be correct. Also make sure you are getting waivers signed as most (if not all) insurance companies find this experimental and investigational.

Deb Nelsen CPC

My physician was one of the physicians that worked with the FDA to get this procedure approved. This is a cash pay procedure, no insurances are covering this procedure,you bill the unlisted code, 43999, and make sure that your patient pays up front for the procedure.

My physician was one of the physicians that worked with the FDA to get this procedure approved. This is a cash pay procedure, no insurances are covering this procedure,you bill the unlisted code, 43999, and make sure that your patient pays up front for the procedure.

Hi Deb:

Is your office charging 1 flat fee for the placement & removal? Or are you charging the patient for placement & the Insurance for removal?

Any insight you may have is much appreciated.

ReShape Gastric Balloon

A sales representative told our Practice Manager that a UHC Choice Plus policy carried by AT&T employees is covering the ReShape Integrated Dual Balloon System. Has anyone had any experience with this?