Wiki global ob package

Best answers
hello,
I need some help. In the past when the physician or midwife has missed the delivery of the baby but has been there to deliver the placenta we have billed the global ob care because our previous coder said since we have provided care to the patient for the length of the pregnancy and we are assuming responsibility of the nurse or whoever delivers the baby we can. Since that coder is no longer here I am looking for information on this subject. She had previously stated she got her info from ACOG but I have not been able to find anything. Please help!

I would check with the insurance payer as some payers have there own policies regarding this. Typically though you would bill the global with a 52 modifier.

I have billed this global with the 52 modifier and used ICD 10 code for O62.3 if we have provided all of the patients care. Otherwise I itemize it and bill clump codes and placenta delivery. Then when the patient comes in for her post partum appointment I bill the PP visit code. But it is best to check payor guidelines.