• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

Global period for aspiration of elbow..............

nneecole44

Guru
Messages
105
Ok ladies. A pt comes in and his elbow is very swollen and full of fluid. We aspirate it and drain the fluid. Then two days later he comes back in and it is swollen and full of fluid again so we aspirate it again. I know the second aspiration is within the 10 day global period. But....can this be billed again with a modifier 58??? I say maybe and my billing dept says no. I appreciate your help. Thank you.
 
Top