Wiki Global period

TLC

Guru
Best answers
Just wondering if 58661 is part of 58660. It is under the same category. I thought that when a code was first (58660) the other codes under it were indented that meant they were part of the first procedure. All of the codes under 58660 hold a 90day global where the 58661 only has a 10day global? I'm confused. Can anyone tell me why the 58661 only has a 10day? Thank you,
Terry

Check the NCCI Manual

Hi TLC, not sure why the global is less but you could look up the NCCI Manual it has more info about procedures and globals than just the NCCI Edits. I googled it and you can download it on AAPC Coder ( i do not have a subscription to it and I just clicked download besides a chapter and it opened up). Chapter 7 talks about 5000 series codes maybe you can find more info there.

Its odd to me as well. The indented code structure its not the same for all codes. However this parent code falls under "separate procedure" designation, so i would have assumed the indented codes were more intensive so would have higher RVU and similar global period. Perhaps the procedure is one that post op appointments would not be common?