Wiki global periods

Sabrina.

New
Best answers
Where in the cpt would I find a listing of global periods? I find that most everything I look up has a 90 day global but is there an area that I am missing that goes into detail on time frames and stipulations for globals?
Thanks

Check you CPT manual. In the Ingenix CPT it's in the Appendix E, Pub 100 References, plus after each procedure it list the global days.
Bonny

Thank you for the direction. Unfortunately we do not have the Ingenix books so the appendix is not the same. I know that most of the codes related to OB I have looked into have a 90 day global but even when I look up the specific codes (which ever it may be at the time) it is not listed. Not in notes, front, back, or on codes; I find this very bizarre. For example the 59150 I know is a 90 day global but on page 255 of my CPT where the code is listed it does not reflect that information at all; anywhere that I can see. Any other tips?

I have never seen the global periods listed in the CPT Professional edition. I believe you can find them in the Expert edition (I am not a fan of that edition). You can find global days in the NCCI edits, the Medicare fee schedule, RBRVS manual, and most encoders. Also, they might be in the OB/GYN coding companion - I don't have mine handy at the moment.