Wiki Group 1 and Group 2 special stains 88312 vs.88313

Best answers
Good morning,
I'm hoping somebody out there will be able to direct me to a policy listing stain names and which stains fall under what category (group 1 or group 2) for coding accuracy.

Also if you have the same for immunohistochemistry and immunoperoxidase tissue studies that would be greatly appreciated as well!

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Group one is for bugs. AFB,GMS,PAS, Warthin Starry,
Group two is for the other stains like Trichrome, Reticulin, Oil Red O or Iron.
PAS or GMS for fungus ID is 88312, but PASH and GMS in renal biopsies are 88313 because it labels something else.
We use very few stains that qualify in the 88318,chemical or 88319,enzyme categories, so not real familiar with those. Some Iron stains can be, I'm told, but no idea which ones qualify.
Not a complete list, but hope it helps. Just see what it's used to detect.

Lists of special stains are available in pieces, but difficult to locate and may require you to piece together several lists to make one that is comprehensive. Search terms must include special stains, histology, and a string of terms to locate. Try the origanizations, some of the academic pathology labs and product manufacture sites for assistance. National Society for Histotechnology, NIH, journal of clinical pathology, pubmed, histosearch, american society of clinical pathologists, college of american pathologists, etc. good luck

stains...

for the 88312, 88313, and 88319, if you have access do padgett, there is an appendix in there that does a pretty good break down of them...check it out