Wiki H1N1 vaccine 2 shot # 1 not potent enough

I would believe that if the vaccine wasn't potent on the first time that this administration should be a no charge. looking forward to responses.

Hi, Karen. I wouldn't charge the patient for this. This is similar to when a patient returns for an additional pap due to insufficient endocervical cells. It's not their fault that we didn't get a decent specimen.

RE: the H1N1...Could you bill it? Sure, it's medically necessary to give them the correct dosage. Probably not a good idea from a patient satisfaction perspective, though. And it might not get paid a second time, no matter how ineffective your first dosage was. I'd bite the bullet and call it a cost of doing business. Pam

Was this a child and needed to have it split into two doses? In that case, would you not just bill it out twice like you would the regular flu that needs to be split for initial childrens shot? That is what the state is telling us to do however per their guidelines. I could get you the data if needed that we got from the state for your reference. It is billable twice in this instance and recommended as well.