Wiki HC supplemental nursing feeding system

Korbc

Guru
Best answers
Heyy,

If anyone can share any opinions as to what hcpcs code they would charge for this that would be great! it's a tube/system the helps the baby breast feed at the nipple supplementing the breast milk, and is not a breast pump. I was thinking mabye T2101? I don't think it qualifies as b4035 because that says per day and I don't think my ICD code would support medically necessary for that because the baby doesn't have a gastro condition just difficult feeding....

Thanks!

Heyy,

If anyone can share any opinions as to what hcpcs code they would charge for this that would be great! it's a tube/system the helps the baby breast feed at the nipple supplementing the breast milk, and is not a breast pump. I was thinking mabye T2101? I don't think it qualifies as b4035 because that says per day and I don't think my ICD code would support medically necessary for that because the baby doesn't have a gastro condition just difficult feeding....

Thanks!
It is none of these and as far as I can tell, there is no specific code for this type of system. The patient can get one via amazon for sure, but the first place to start is with the insurance company. Most will cover a breast pump (thanks to ACA legislation), but some have requirements as to the type and where it can be purchased for coverage. In supplemental feeding of this type the pumped breast milk of the mother is used and the baby gets this milk as well has sucking on the breast at the same time. It is NOT enteral feeding and it is NOT usually using some donated breast milk. So again, go directly to the insurer to check on coverage and how to bill.