HCC coding - ICD-9 coding

I was offered an HCC coding position after I completed a college certification program and received my CPC-A. This is my first coding job. I was wondering since it is only IDC-9/HCC coding how other employers will look at the experience if I wanted to move to ICD-9 or 10/CPTcoding in the future? Are employers open to hiring coders who only have ICD experience and no CPT? For now I am ecstatic to be starting my new job and don't have any plans of moving in the near future. Just thinking further down the road.

The Online Risk Adjustment Coding program

Hello All,

I'm finding that I love to code diagnosis more than coding procedures. I wouldn't mind if that were thing only thing that I worked with (coding diagnosis). I'm going to take the Online Risk Adjustment Coding program thru the AAPC. I was wondering if you think it would increase my chances of becoming an HCC Coder because I have no HCC coding experience, but I do hold a CPC. Thanks for your help in advance

I am thinking about getting some training in HCC Coding. I am a CPC and have almost 1 year of experience. I have been told HCC Coders make more money but I don't know if I need to get certified or what. Does anyone know what type of training employers are looking for?

I love HCC coding

I am new to the field and I love HCC, to me it is easier than other forms of coding. I am going to make that my specialty. I enjoy HCC more than inpatient any day.

HCC coding productivity expectations

What are the productivity expectations for HCC coding? Are they generally the same as Outpatient, Inpatient, etc?

Thanks,

Shari, RN, CPC