Wiki HCPCS Codes not payable by Medicare

rhunter007@att.net

Contributor
Best answers
The following codes are not payble by Medicare, H2017, H0015, H2035, H0038, and T1023, Medicaid will pay but not Medicare. Does anyone know what codes equivalent to these H codes that are payable by Medicare?

Thanks,
Ronda

Generally speaking the H codes are reported to Medicare using psychotherapy codes. You'll want to look at the Local and National Coverage determinations and articles to validate how Medicare covers these services. I wouldn't be able to give you a 1:1 crosswalk because it depends on who the billing providers are and what goes on during the treatment sessions. This is one of those instances where coders get to use their research skills!

Generally speaking the H codes are reported to Medicare using psychotherapy codes. You'll want to look at the Local and National Coverage determinations and articles to validate how Medicare covers these services. I wouldn't be able to give you a 1:1 crosswalk because it depends on who the billing providers are and what goes on during the treatment sessions. This is one of those instances where coders get to use their research skills!
Thank you!

I have the same issue! Not to mention we are not participating with Medicare, so there's that part as well. I know it's a silly question, but for Medicare do you use the 1500 form with Modifiers like Medicaid?