Wiki Healthcon 2016- Hotel Options

Best answers
Hello! Healthcon 2016 will be my first convention to attend and I was wondering if I'm choosing to room by myself, if the only option I can choose will be the 'Private Room' since the shared option says its for 2 attendees? I'm just a bit confused since it says 'Single/Double' next to it, and I just want to make sure before purchasing. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you for your time!

Sandra Kimura

Last edited:
Good question. I have been to conferences before with negotiated rates but not an AAPC conference.

I can't tell the difference between private and shared either. I've stayed at many hotels and you just book a room and you fit as many guests as there is bed space so don't see why shared option would be needed especially since it's more expensive you select the shared option.

I wish I could book now but I'm not even sure I'll be a cpc yet so for me host hotel will likley be sold out before i can decide. My company never pays for the national conferences and my cards are maxed so can't prepay and cancel before January

Last edited:
Hi all, when purchasing your room through AAPC, you have a choice of sharing a room with another AAPC member and splitting the cost, which sometimes comes out cheaper. If you are wanting your "Own" room, you would choose private and then from there, you would have an option to choose a king room or two queens ( typically anyways).

Hope this helps and cant wait to see everyone in Sunny S. Florida at Disney !!

Be sure to stop by and introduce yourself to the AAPC Chapter Association Board of Directors!

I know a member traveling from India who is interested in sharing a room at Healthcon 2016. Shared rooms with two people are $100 per person per night instead of $195. Is there anyone interested in her contact info?? Send me an email at barbara.fontaine@aapcca.com I met her at Healthcon in Nashville and she is really nice.

Hello! Healthcon 2016 will be my first convention to attend and I was wondering if I'm choosing to room by myself, if the only option I can choose will be the 'Private Room' since the shared option says its for 2 attendees? I'm just a bit confused since it says 'Single/Double' next to it, and I just want to make sure before purchasing. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you for your time!

Sandra Kimura
Hi Sandra,
I am looking for someone to share the room. If you are also still looking for someone to share the room then may be we could be the roommate. May I get your email id pls so that we can discuss. My email id chowreeta@gmail.com

Rita Chaudhury, CPC

This will be my first Conference also and I am looking for a room mate. I am coming from MT and would like to take advantage of the shared room. Would you be willing to bunk with me to take advantage of the shared room? llsekora13@gmail.com

Last edited:
Hotel Options - Sharing a Room

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to share a room at the conference to save on cost. If anyone is interested, please email me at deedalmeida@gmail.com. I am hoping to finalize plans/reservations as soon as possible.

Thank you for your help,
Dede Dalmeida

Hotel Options--Share A Room

I have a reservation for a preferred room with 2 beds at the All-Stars Movie Resort for April 6-13. I'm looking for a roommate willing to share the cost of the room. Please email me at:

ellen.essentials@gmail.com

Ellen Barrios, CPC
2016 Education Officer
AAPC Local Chapter--Missoula, MT