• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Important Note: We will be performing important server maintenance on 15 July 2020 , during which time this site will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours. If you are in the middle of something critical , please save your work. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

heart cath with IP sub days

Bonnie Owen

Networker
Best answers
Does anyone bill heart cath same day as a subsequent IP day and get it paid? I know with mod 25 on the initial IP day pays and consult same way.Please advise.

CPCCODERII

Networker
Best answers
We dont generally bill for subsequent visits when the provider has performed a cath, unless there is a significant complication. Or the visit was before the cath and the decision to do the cath was made at that time.

Jess1125

Expert
Best answers
If I do get a charge for a subsequent visit on the same day as a cath being done I do look at it to see if it is truly something that is separately billable from the cath and attach with a -25 modifier if it truly is separately billable.

Jessica CPC, CCC