Wiki Hello! Any advice for a newbie?

yvbarry

Best answers
Hi! Nice to meet everyone! I just began the certified billing program. I have a biology background (BS) and have worked for 20 yrs in pharmaceutical research (very unhappy for the last 3 yrs). But life is too short to be unhappy every day, and I have always wanted to be in healthcare. YOLO right!?
Any advice regarding internships or breaking in and getting experience (no coding exp yet either)? Sincere thanks! :D

Last edited:
Im a student too, but I know everyone tells me to really know the different types of insurances. Im sure you'll do just fine!

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply Dianadawn- I am sure surprised (in a good way) about how comprehensive the Billing course is... Do you mind if I ask how far you are? I am finishing just chapter 3. Have a great day- and go for it!! :cool:

Hello YVbarry! I just took my CPC exam yesterday and waiting for the results... butterflies in the stomach! I will say this: when you get to the point where you are ready for your exam - TAKE TIMED PRACTICE TESTS!!! I couldn't believe that 5HR 40 MIN was not enough time for me to answer 150 questions. Do TIME yourself to answer quickly and practice pacing. You should have roughly 1 full column of the answer sheet done each hour to be sure you are on pace. The sheet has 5 columns of 30 answer bubbles, so that will help you from loosing track to time.