Wiki Help please

sharper

Best answers
Please read the following report and tell me how you would code it! I'm stumped!

The patient was brought to the endovascular suite. He was prepped and draped in the usual sterile fashion. 1 percent lidocaine was used to anesthetize the right groin. There 9 and 8 French femoral venous sheaths were placed via Seldinger technique, and heparin was given to maintain ACT greater than 200. Intracardiac echocardiogram revealed evidence of an intraatrial septal aneurysm and redundant septum but no evidence of a patent foremen ovale both with color flow or with bubble study with and without Valsalva. Crossover with a multipurpose catheter was not performed with a straight wire and an angled Glidewire due to the small nature of the possible patent foramen ovale. Therefore the procedure was stopped and no evidence of indication for closure was met.

Thanks and have a great day,
Susan

I am curious. Did you ever come up with anything? An intracardiac echo is code 93662 but it's and add on code and it doesn't look like you have anything to add it on to. It appears he was going to do a repair but then saw durng the echo that none was needed so he didn't continue. I certainly am stumped also ! Sorry I can't help.

Laura

No I didn't come up with anything yet! I keep hoping someone will have an idea. Surely there is something you can bill!