Wiki Help with cpt code - general anesthesia

drhoads

Guru
Best answers
Procedure Performed: Exploration left groin.

Procedure: Patient was prepped and draped in the usual customary manner. After general anesthesia a transverse incision was made, carried down to the soft tissue and the anterior sheath was identified. It was opened about the inguinal ligament transversely. Retroperitoneal space was entered and the artery explored from the common iliac distally. No particular bleeding point was identified on the artery or the vein. There was some general oozing in the area that was controlled by cautery and clips as was necessary. I placed some surgical in the wound then the wound was closed with Vicryl and Monocryl Steri-strips and dry dressing was placed.

I have to ask if this was done due to a procedure that included a catheter placement in the groin area. It is was I would look at 35860 or 35741.

I am not confident that 49010 is correct..Retroperitoneal is Structures that lie behind the peritoneum are termed retroperitoneal. Kidneys, Bladder, Pancreas, Vena Cava, Aorta, parts of the Duodenum, portions of the Colon, Reproductive organs.

Hope this helps!