Wiki Help with pathology and MACRA

sgruly

Best answers
I'm currently working at a Dental Clinic that bills for Pathology. What will be the impact Macra has on pathology billing. Can someone direct me where I can look for information with pathology and Macra. I have tried looking on line through AAPC and google.
Thanks in advance!

Have you found anything? I work for a stand-alone Pathology lab and I don’t know anything about MACRA!

Macra

Have you found anything? I work for a stand-alone Pathology lab and I don’t know anything about MACRA!

Hello! I code for a couple of pathologists and when this MACRA started I as told by my supervisors that I am not included in reporting this. I feel something eating at my guts about this, esp when I see how much work they put into documenting all the information. Not sure on where to find rule and regulations about all of this. I have been searching as well. Something just tells me that I should be putting this on the report along with the rest of the physicians that report it. Where else would they get it but my pathologists? If anyone hears something please pass it along!! Thank you in advance!

Hello! I code for a couple of pathologists and when this MACRA started I as told by my supervisors that I am not included in reporting this. I feel something eating at my guts about this, esp when I see how much work they put into documenting all the information. Not sure on where to find rule and regulations about all of this. I have been searching as well. Something just tells me that I should be putting this on the report along with the rest of the physicians that report it. Where else would they get it but my pathologists? If anyone hears something please pass it along!! Thank you in advance!

As a coder, other than maybe helping your providers select the most appropriate measures on which to report, you needn't worry too much about MACRA. If your pathologists are eligible to participate and submit data via claims, your billers should be entering the appropriate quality ID codes on claims to receive credit. All other forms of submission don't require this manual input of data.

Go to qpp.cms.gov to learn about the Quality Payment Program and its two tracks: MIPS and Advanced APMs. There is a tool on this website that allows providers to determine their eligibility to participate by entering their NPI/TIN.

You may want to become AAPC MACRA Proficient (https://www.aapc.com/macra/) so if and when your providers participate in quality reporting, you understand what's going on and why.