Wiki Help with Pulmonary Thrombolysis coding

camsgram

Networker
Best answers
Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you :)

Report info:
Access: R femoral vein/R femoral vein
Procedure: Bilateral pulmonary artery EKOS catheter placement
Indications: Bilateral large volume PE with right heart strain, pulmonary hypertension
Double access obtained using U/S guidance and micro puncture needle in the right CFV. Using a pigtail and 0.035 wire each pulmonary artery is accessed and catheter exchanged for EKOS catheter and U/S catheter. 2 mg intra pulmonary tPA was given as bolus doses in each pulmonary artery through the catheter. tPA, heparin, and NS were started through each EKOS catheter per protocol.

Been a while since I coded one of these so not sure but here's what I came up with. (also get a warning for use of 51 or 59???)
37211 50
36014 50
76937 26

Dx: I26.99, I50.810, I27.20

Can't use 37211 because that is an infusion thrombolysis, even though TPA was given (has to be infused over a few hours). I would code 37184-50 along with the codes you posted.
HTH

Can't use 37211 because that is an infusion thrombolysis, even though TPA was given (has to be infused over a few hours). I would code 37184-50 along with the codes you posted.
HTH
Thanks for reviewing Jim. If the pt was taken from cathlab to ICU and monitored during infusion lysis, would you use 37211 instead of 37184.