Wiki Help with understanding MIPS.

Brandy0618

Guru
Best answers
First of all I apologize for asking for help in understanding and reporting MIPS. I am a CPC and CPB but I have never worked in a practice until now that accepts Medicare. Can someone please explain this workflow to me, please. I am basically an infant with this process. I also am asking for some exemption information to avoid penalties if anyone is aware of any. I am really confused. How are the measures reported? Thank you and I appreciate any advise that can be given.

:)

First of all I apologize for asking for help in understanding and reporting MIPS. I am a CPC and CPB but I have never worked in a practice until now that accepts Medicare. Can someone please explain this workflow to me, please. I am basically an infant with this process. I also am asking for some exemption information to avoid penalties if anyone is aware of any. I am really confused. How are the measures reported? Thank you and I appreciate any advise that can be given.

:)
Hi there, I highly recommend you start here: https://qpp.cms.gov/. How a practice can participate in MIPS and whether they're eligible for any sort of exemptions depends on a number of factors including the size and location of the practice. I take it that the practice you work for now hasn't participated in MIPS before?

Last edited:
Hi there, I highly recommend you start here: https://qpp.cms.gov/. How a practice can participate in MIPS and whether they're eligible for any sort of exemptions depends on a number of factors including the size and location of the practice. I take it that the practice you work for now hasn't participated in MIPS before?
Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. I work in a private practice and am told they have reported MIPS but the individual that was in charge of this has left. I am trying by best to educate myself to help.

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. I work in a private practice and am told they have reported MIPS but the individual that was in charge of this has left. I am trying by best to educate myself to help.
Got it, that's a good start. One more question: How many clinicians who have their own NPI are in your group? That can help determine your options.

Got it, that's a good start. One more question: How many clinicians who have their own NPI are in your group? That can help determine your options.
We have 4 that have their own NPIs. They will be hiring another provider in a couple of months.